From:
Gina Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Oct 1998 11:35:20 -0500
MORE ON CLEANLINESS
I just thought that I'd share the following story with y'all as it relates
to the Cleanliness topic...

A coupla months ago, the PFRA shelter needed someone to pick up five
ferrets that were being given to the shelter, so I volunteered.  I drove to
the lady's house to pick up the ferrets, sign all of the contracts/info.
forms etc.

When I arrived, I was shocked.  The ferret cage, located in the living
room, had no blankies and one ratty old hammie.  The bottom level did not
have a litter pan nor did it have a tray.  Needless to say, the cage and
floor were filthy, and there were (I kid you not) insect larva crawling
around.  Repulsive.

I was so relieved to get those five ferrets out of there.  After a
quarantine period at the shelter, they were adopted by a wonderful man who
genuinely cares for them.  It's nice to hear of a happy ending once in a
while, isn't it?  : )

Talk to ya later,
Gina Hart/Sage Ferrets
[log in to unmask] (home)