From:
Dee Eisenman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 07:56:29 PDT
Tunnel to China?  Better not.

I resolved the digging problem simply by providing an alternative which is
a box of paper shreds.  A shredder is cheaper than carpet!  At first I
thought maybe it would encourage more digging, but they prefer the shreds
to the carpet.  Yes, my house has shred strands all over the place!  Do
watch to make sure that nobody is chewing up the shreds - that would not
be good.  Also be sure that the paper you use is not newsprint.  Another
option is to get a childs swimming pool and fill it with dirt (I do this
in the summer-outside) and they love it!  Do not use potting soil with
chemicals.  What would I do without a paper shredder?  It has become the
most used appliance in my home (outside of the coffee machine, which BIG
could probably relate to - LOL).   [Pepsi, actually... BIG]

Hooray for the "other" Dee for pointing out the stuff about Bush.  Thank
you.  I think that was right on topic since so many people post about
animal rights activists, etc...I was not aware of this info., but I
decided a long time ago that I would not vote for him, anyway.  Thanks
again for pointing this valid information out.

Whelp, that 'tis all for now.

A special thanks to BIG for his recommendations and supportive/constructive
advice!  Some day, I will make my way to a symposium and hopefully have
the chance to meet you in person (preferably with your eyes open)!  Great
moderating.