From:
Tiffany Cooney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Apr 2011 01:01:44 -0400
First I want to apologize for any typos, I am sending this from my
phone and it likes to correct things that don't need to be corrected.

My name is Tiffany, years ago I had two ferrets, Charlie who I got
from Petco and Sebby who I was lucky enough to pick up from a local
freecycle. Seb was already seven when we got him, and lived to be
eight. Charlie passed way too young, he was taken at about a year
and a half from Adrenal.

Fast forward to 2011 and I haven't had ferts for four years!

I watch my local craigslist daily (i was actually thinking of guinea
pigs), and yesterday (4/13) I saw a listing for two female ferrets with
all accessories for 200.00. I emailed them originally just to wish then
luck and was told I could take them for fifty. I jumped on the chance!

We drive the three or so hours to Kansas City to pick up the kids and
found then in pretty bad shape. Their cage is not big enough for two
ferrets, their food was family dollar store cat food, their bedding was
clumping cat litter, they had no water bottle, their nails were very
(VERY) long, and they were skinny. I named them Lucy and Ethel.

On the dive home we picked up some care fresh, some good ferret food,
and a water bottle. When we got home their cage was disinfected while
they happily weasel war danced around the kitchen. Last night they
slept on some of my daughter's fleece shirts.

We took them out to play and cut their nails today and while holding
them I saw something and thought to myself "Ferrets don't have belly
buttons!" Lucy and Ethel have been renamed Ricky and Fred, and so far
are getting along fine with us!

I also contacted Rose at Little Feet Ferret Bedding, and she is a very
nice lady who is working with me to spoil these boys! I can not wait
until they get their Marshall Ferret Estate and all of their LFFB.
The ferret community is just as great as I remember.

And a little about my human family: I am 24 years old, and I work with
developmentally disabled/intellectually deficient adults. I have been
with my SO for going on eight years now, he will be thirty soon. I have
a five year old son and an eleven month old daughter.

Tiffany
Ricky and Fred