From:
lisette lumsden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 19:39:12 -0500
He is a beautifull silver mitt, with jet black nose and really large black
eyes and four white feet.  He is only 4 1/2 years old, and weighs almost 3
lbs.  He learned how to sit, roll over and beg in less than two week.  I
have never seen him miss the litter box.  He actually comes when I call.
If I can see him, he nods his head twice, and trots over.  He sits pretty
in the car, and grabs hold of my ankle when he wants "uppie"He is the only
ferret who stays out all the time, unless he goes in the cage by himself.
He and the cat greet me when I walk in the door.  Cat swats at him if I
dont kiss the cat first.  Wolf waits patiently

Wolf is the alpha ferret.  Over the years, I have brought home some pretty
sick ferts.  Knowing nothing of isolation, I allowed Wolf to examine anyone
coming in the house.  He seems to sense when an animal is sick , and does
nothing more than bathe them, and play and sleep with them.  He was never a
bully, even with little ones that hung on his back.  He was always firm and
gentle.

When teaching newcomers who was boss, I never saw him use his teeth and
front paws at the same time.  His front paws go back like a sea otter, as
he would wrestle for dominance using only teeth, and his body.

I remember being so afraid that Wolf would die once.  He is a well fed guy,
and once crept under the bathroom cabinet.  Unfortunately, he couldnt get
out.  It never even entered my mind that I had a choice.  The wood base of
the cabinet was destroyed as quickly but carefully as possible to rescue my
baby with out injuring him..

This is Wolf, my amazing alpha ferret.  He is sleeping now with Chewy- the
baby- who still does not know his name[sigh]He has been Gods Blessing to me.

Thank you GOD,
Lisette