From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 12:29:10 -0600
Hi Y'all,

Well, already got some folks trying to guilt me for saying what I did.
Musta said something good.  BTW, guilt won't change my mind, facts and
solutions might, but not guilt.

I am playing hooky today from school.  It is 65 and wonderfully shiny
outside so I have the house open.  I just couldn't drag myself into school
this a.m., although I still have tons and tons of reading to do here.  So I
haven't escaped completely.

My Mr. Kane cat is missing his Auntie Suzy something fierce.  He gets on
the nightstand and yodels for her at night.  Two visits and she has stolen
my cat's heart.  Man, what a woman.

Mssrs. William and Harry are doing so wonderful.  Since their nip and tuck
job, William is even more of a cuddle bunny than before.  I think he would
have made a good hob, from the stand point of extreme interest.  He was
much more intent on the women folk than Harry and still thinks about it
once in awhile.  Harry was never that intense.  They will both lay in my
lap for half an hour or so if I rub their tummies.  Figures, just like a
man. ;-)

Miss Pookie is under the weather and is being kept caged for the most part.
She has lost a fair amount of weight and her hair is thin.  She also seems
to be running a fever off and on, with pink irritated skin.  I honestly
think she is not eating like she should be, so I have caged her and am
making her special meals.  She loves the attention.  Last night she slept
curled up on my chest, and when I rolled over on my side, she curled up by
my face and put her chin on my nose.  That is how I went to sleep.  She is
my baby child she is.

I have had a rash of ferrets jumping in the tub lately.  Seems to be the
latest fad for them to wait till I get out and jump into the draining tub.
Miss Natasha did it the other day, and swam around for a while, and then
Brock did it yesterday and swam for a while too.  I wonder if they are
trying to tell me they want baths?  hehe.

We have all had the sneezes of late, think it might be allergies or
something.  The weather is being so weird.  65 today and it was only in the
30's yesterday.  Half the gang has blown their winter coats and the other
half are still really hairy.  And the house is covered in hair.  I can't
figure out how a small ferret can produce more stray hair than a full grown
cat.  But I have learned to sleep with hair floating around, mostly due to
the fact that I have a couple of ferrets now who like to sleep by my face
at night.  We just won't tell the allergist will we?

Need to get back to shoveling the house out and writing critiques on my
fellow students papers.  hehe.  What fun, although I am convinced that peer
reviewing is the most harsh and evil thing in the world.  Who else could be
so picky but a bunch of frustrated writers?  Nuff said.

Hope all are doing well.  Give lots of huggies to those little ones for me.

Margaret