From:
Marcy Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 1995 15:32:12 -0500
Hello everyone,

I was so amazed at the response from all of you.  Fitch really has friends
out there pulling for him!!

Actually, today (Monday) when I visited him, the vet said that she was
pulling the bone IV catheter, since he was moving around so much that the
needle started to bend.  He had eaten solid food, had some water, and when
I gave him banana baby food, he ate it as if to say "Great!! No more
hospital food!!".  They are letting me take him home, since there is
nothing they can do there that I can't do at home.  Plus, he will be
getting lots of love and constant attention.  His head still tilts, and he
can't thermoregulate very well yet, but he will be in my office with me all
day, and cared for all night.  I am a grad student in Ecology and
Evolutionary biology, where they are pretty open to animals in the office,
and there are plenty of people around here who will come visit him.

I will have to be careful about him becoming dehydrated, and will need to
keep Abercrombie from pestering him too much.  Abie has been bouncing off
the walls with energy, and even I can't keep up with him!!  Actually, with
how happy I am about Fitch's recovery, I may be bouncing with him!!

Again, thank you all so very much.  You are a wonderful source of support.
I will keep you all posted!!

Sincerely,

Marcy Brown