From:
"Dr. Gary Holowicki" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 1995 20:13:52 EST
Dear Miran, Steve, Gizmo, Scooter and Jaaaaaazper;
        My Timmy last Nov. was diagnosed with lymphoma, given 2-3 weeks, with
"treatement to be of no avail".  I listened to a friend of mine who has aged and
sick ferrets from the Indiannapolis humane soc, who found they would eat Gerbers
turkey rice when nothing else would work.  I have since found their chicken
vegetable is good too.  I added some herbal tonic I found called PWS 2000 that I
got for my chronic fatigue, some ferritone & clover honey for taste, & then Dr.
Brown in Ill prescribed some Pet Tinic liquid vitamins, and Deliver 2.0 which
she charges $6.00 per can for.  I found by shopping pharmacies the price can be
as low as $23 for a case of 12 here at Albertsons.  Walgreens hit me for
$32/case in Colo.  A vet in Boulder added CoQ-10, 30mg cap., 2/10ths of one per
day, and something called Immuplex 4960 by standard process co., Palmyra, Wi.
53156, that I found in a good health food store, 1 cap per day.
        By the time I got to Boulder, about 1 1/2 months later, the lymphome was
85% gone!  He said the remaining 15% was very important to get rid of, as if it
came back more it would be harder to fight.  I've read the "Duck soup".txt file
on the board & added KMR (kittenmilk replacement powder) to my "superfood".
What Timmy doesn't finish, the rest of my herd devower.  I also found feeding
him with a 20 or now 35cc syring (no needle) seems to stimulate a sucking reflex
so he eats more than from a spoon.  (now up to 35cc 2 or 3 times a day).  He
recently has accepted something called Whiskas Kit Nips, that has liver for the
second ingredient.  He will free feed on this every 2 or 3 hours (great!)
        It has: Wheat flour, liver, soy flour, chicken by products, beef,
chicken, fish, carob powder, natural flavors, spray-dried blood, salt, guar gum,
taurine, vit.e., Vit.d3, Vit.B1, Vit.B2, vit.B6, biotin.  Protein 25%, fat 4.0
(low), fimer 3%, moisture 12%.  The protein blend seems good as it has 5 sources
of animal protein, but as the fat is low & he isn't eating other stuff like the
totally ferret I have available, he will continue to get the superfood, as will
the others who seem to want it.

Timmys' "super food":
1- 2oz jar Gerber Turkey rice, or chicken vegeteable
1 Tbl. clover honey
1/3rd can Deliver 2.0 (the rest of the 8oz can I put in 4 oz. Tupperware &
freeze
10cc PWS herbal tonic
1-2 scoops KMR, kitten milk replacement powder
contents of 2 caps of Immuplex 4960, Standard Process co.
about 40% of a 30mg. CoQ-10 cap
1 Tbl Ferretone
1cc pet tinic vitamins

        I Free feed of Whiskas Kitnips. (currently only 1.1 oz. size but the
company may come out with a larger pack.  They are considering it since it is a
new product).

        Hope this might help you out. Timmy is putting on more weight since he
started the Kitnips, & I also feel better about it keeping his teeth cleaner
than only a liquid diet.  He also seems to have more energy lately to play with
the others.  He hasn't done that since Nov. of last year!
        Ferret kisses,  Gary