From:
"Dr. Gary Holowicki" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 May 1995 19:08:40 EDT
Re: From:   Danica Densa <[log in to unmask]>  Subject: Ferret Shelters

My friend was interested in getting a ferret,so I gave him the address and
phone number of the Adopt-A-Ferret Center in Martinsville, IN. The number
was disconnected,...

        I just talked to my friend Mason Lowrey in Martinsville, and she is a
person who Indianapolis humane calls when they have a ferret they cannot place.
She goes (40 mi.) & picks them up & places them in good homes.  She currently
has a waiting list of 8 people, & in the past has had people wait as long as 8
months, often much less, but agreed that I can post her phone# here.  It is
317-349-0265..  Her husbands' name is Bill, if he answers the phone, and he has
claimed one of the rescues' as his own. The furries' name is Fred, and they say
he thinks he is a dog.  He lies at their feet when it's dinner time, & likes to
follow Bill around like a puppy.  He also is pretty big for a ferret, and as
Bill is big (6'3") I think they are a good match.
       I've known the family since the 70's when we both lived in Illinois, and
back then they also had 2 skunks, desented, who were real personalities.  Mason
is very good in wanting the fuzzies to go to good homes, no "impulse"
situations.  She has 10 of her own, and has one with epilipsy who is still with
her after 3 years with the condition.  I think they also have some 18 cats & 4
dogs (on a small farm).  She helped me get Timmy on the baby food as I was
visiting them when Timmy's problem first  started last Oct.
        They're really nice people, if you stop by tell them I said hi.
Best wishes, Gary