From:
Cindy Aleszczyk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Dec 1994 16:34:37 EST
To anon regarding ferrets and cats sharing pans:

Although we own (or are owned by) two ferrets, we were cat-sitting for a friend
while she was on vacation.  We brought the cat in and allowed him (Dusty) to
check out the house while his owner brought in his food, litter, water etc.

Well, they live in an apt. and the cat had never experienced stairs before.  Was
that a funny site!  Anyway, we apparently weren't quick enough getting Dusty's
litter box out, as we were watching his interaction with the ferrets and just
his curiosity with the house.  He ducked into the powder room and when he didn't
immediately come back out (there isn't much in there that is interesting), we
went to check on him.  There he was, using the ferrets' box.  Not too
 outrageous,
except that the box is one of those small, clear, plastic shoe-box types of
 pans.  He looked like Gulliver in Lilliput!  But, he managed to hit the pan.
 The
ferrets continued to use it after it was cleaned of Dusty's mess, and we placed
Dusty's pan next to it for the remainder of his visit.

Cindy