From:
Cindy Aleszczyk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 23 Sep 1994 17:43:46 EDT
To Robert Galvin and Miranda:

Have you tried giving Miranda Nurti-cal?  It's a very palitable vitamin
 suppliement.  After surgery or when they
're not feeling well, my munckins will eat Nutrical even if they won't eat
their regular food.  If she likes this, try putting nutrical on crushed SD.

I fed my older ferrets SD and when they wouldn't eat (due to insulinomas),
I fed crushed SD mixed with Nurtical.  Then, when they'd eat it, I'd decrease
the amount of Nutrical and eventually they'd eat just the SD.  You also may
want to try hand feeding her.  Mine were particular to this after surgery (and
they had several!!!)

good luck.

Cindy, Beren and Pippin