From:
James Cristea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 May 1995 12:20:00 -0500
    Its been a few hectic weeks, but everything seems to be going well.
(If you remember, Cody had a blocked urethra).  Cody had surgery about 2
weeks ago to reroute his urethra and he now urinates out his rear end.
Its amazing that it went so well.  The emergency vet was right when he
estimated about $1000 total for the re-plumbing, but it came in slightly
below that.  Oh well, I guess I'll only be able to take a small vacation
this year--but I'll spend the extra time taking Cody out to the park and
anything else he wants to do!  There was never any real choice for what
had to be done with Cody.  The Drs.  said there seemed to be a good
chance for success, so therefore I went for it.  The only thing I have to
watch now is that his new "hole" doesn't try to close back up since its
an unnatural opening.  Looks great so far!!

    Cody seems to have more energy now then he has for the past year.  I
don't know if this had something to do with his blockage or not.  All I
know is that he is one _Happy_ ferret and I am a very grateful owner who
appreciates the skills of my veterinarians and the support from you folks
who wrote to me.

Thank You!
Jim ("Yes Doctor, just put it on my MasterCard")
Cody ("Yea, So, what's the big deal? - it was just a little
       operation", "When will my belly hair grow back?")