From:
James Cristea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 May 1995 11:35:00 -0500
I need some suggestions as to this problem Cody is having.  Cody (5 yrs.
old) has recently been having a "seizure-type" occurance.  When this
happens, he acts as if something is caught in his throat, his neck tenses
and "swells" very tight.  He shuts his eyes and he seems to be in a lot
of pain.  He sometimes runs as though he wants to get away from what is
happening and sometimes just rolls onto his back as though he was dead!
He has vomited sometimes afterwards.  I am nearly positive there is not
an obstruction in his throat.  After about 5 minutes, he gets very tired
and then resumes his normal ferret business.  I talked to my vet and he
told me to keep a record as to what happens and when it happens to see if
we can find something that precipitates this to happen.  He told me that
if it were a seizure, it won't kill him.  He did not say he wanted to see
him though.  I am still taking him to the vet this week.

If you have ANY suggestions, PLEASE CONTACT ME!
Thank You!
Jim Cristea
Day (609) 799-0400 x3209
Evening (215) 946-1846