Date:
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 09:58:11 EDT
Two of the adrenal babies are going for surgery the first available date
with the vet.

The third is on "adrenal watch" as his fur loss is in places which may
have been scratched bare from the flea infestation.

The other three are given a clean bill of health other than some ear
mites, and are being put up for adoption once this condition clears up.
They are still being isolated, to keep the mites from spreading.

Dewey and Samuel must stay together.  Faygo can be adopted alone.  He is
an alpha personality with other ferrets, but is loving with people.  They
will all have their shots next week.  They all appear to be about 3 years
old.  The adrenal babies are being kept together.  Post-surgery, post
recovery, they will be adoptable, together only.

The day after the 6-Pack arrived, another adrenal kid, Vinnie, was dropped
off.  His prognoses was not so good.  His mass is very large.  there is
the possibility that he may be inoperable, if it has fused with other
organs.  If it is malignant, he will be sent to the Bridge and I will
feel terrible.  He is four years old.

Chloe, previously diagnosed as not adrenal, and put on watch just in case,
is, in fact, adrenal as well now.  She also is four years old.  She is
balding on her shoulder and head now, where previously she had blackheads
on the base of her tail only.  Three weeks makes a big difference.

HOFA's shelters are packed.  I currently have 19 in mine, and another 6
on the way in.  The shelter kids are outnumbering my personal ferrets.
We have never been so full.  PLEASE consider opening your home and
adopting a rescue ferret!  Currently adoptable in my shelter alone, there
are the following:

Kissey: a cute little blaze sprite who tolerates other ferrets but only
plays with them outside the cage.  She likes people.  1.5 years

Ringo and Vern: Ringo another medium silver blaze gib, Vern is an albino
sprite.  They are 2 years old.  Vern loves to kiss, they are both playful
and like other ferrets.  Good with kids, cats, and dogs who are good with
ferrets.  Must stay together!

Emmie: Emmie is a SWEET chocolate sprite, tiny but full of energy.  She
is about 2 years old.  Great with other ferrets and kids, OK with ferret
safe cats and dogs.

Delilah: Lila is a medium silver blaze mitt sprite.  She is so cute, and
another tiny bundle of energy, also good with ferrets, kids, cats, and
dogs.

Bailey: The pet store told her people she was a boy!  But, Bailey is a
sweet near black sable sprite.  She is good with other ferrets, kids,
cats, dogs.  a real explorer.

Zed and Jawz: These are a pair of 6 year olds.  Zed is from Debbie Scott's
breeding, he's a chocolate gib.  Jawz is a sable sprite from Path Valley.
They do not like other ferrets.  They are health for their age, Jawz can
be nippy, Zed just likes to be held.  If you let them out to play, Jawz
goes to sleep somewhere, Zed climbs back into the cage and into the hammy.
They come with cage and accessories.  I would hate to see them spend the
rest of their lives in a shelter.  They need an individual with lots of
time to coax them out of their shyness.  They have a lot of life left in
them!

Boomer: Needs neutered.  Albino hob, very kissy!  but can be nippy, which
will settle down post neuter.  He likes other ferrets when not in season.
lots of personality, and a real dooker when at play.

Adoption fees for these ferrets is $75 for one.  They are all given their
vaccines and vet checked.  Vern and Ringo are $125 for both.  I discount
pairs as a thank you for taking on the both of them.

Zed and Jawz are $100 which includes a large cage and all accessories,
hammocks, etc.

Hope this makes it through this post ended up rather long!

Kim Wolf
Mystyx Arctic Breed Canine,
and Ferret Rescue of Galloway, Ohio
www.mystyxcritters.com