Date:
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 13:28:46 EDT
Hi yes it does make sense that folks may be deterred from doing the right
thing, even if it is too late to do so.  I wish they would not wait so
long that the ferret can only survive with a miracle, but they inevitably
wait until they are almost dead.  How can they watch these guys suffer?
I will just have to drop the investigation on these people I guess.  I
couldn't live with myself were I to cause a ferret to be denied access to
us because of that.  Pepsi misses Bud.  He has wanted to be hand fed but
is otherwise mostly OK, and I have taken to wearing the carrysack in the
house with him in it.  I am going to try and reintroduce him and Miller
together today hoping a familiar furry face will help him feel less
lonely.  Pepsi takes his Amoxy and Carafate like a pro, loves that sweet
stuff!

Blinky the little guy with possible spine/head injury did indeed have
something in his skull.  Either a massive tumor or a severe injury
resulting in improper regrowth of the bone, which was damaging his brain.
He had no quality of life, his only movements were blinking and thrashing
about like a fish out of water.  He would have required round the clock
care and constant cleaning as he had no bowel/bladder control either.  In
a joint decision with another HOFA Rescue member, and advised by our vet,
Blinky was sent to the Bridge to join Bud, Vinnie, Bagel, and PB.  He had
to have two of the injections to go to sleep, but he passed quietly as
both Doc and I cried for him.  I now have five of these little guys
waiting for me at the Bridge.  I hope they meet up and are dancing away
up there.

Kim

Kim Wolf
Mystyx Arctic Breed Canine,