From:
JT Speikn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 03:03:59 -0800
Hello everyone,

Man, have I been posting a lot lately?!  Hope all of you aren't annoyed.
I'm just a guy (and my girlfriend) who has lots of questions.

Our pitiful pot-bellied-oreo-eating disaster has been cured!!  Thanks to
all of you who wrote to us about your inputs on her blockage.  We've been
giving her a ferret laxative for four days now, and every function of hers
is back to normal and better.

The problem NOW is the OTHER girl, her name is T (my girlfriend is a
paranoid human being.  She doesn't want me to reveal our ferrets' "real
identities."  She fears that some angry FMLer will hunt our ferts down
once they know their name :)

T is seven months old, and she's been a healthy ferret, except when she
caught a cold ONCE.  She's a good lapferret, alert, plays well, dooks well,
eats well, drinks well, poops well, and gets into trouble very well.  About
several days ago, we noticed that everytime we hold her, she'll shake.
She'll be shivering, as if she's cold.  She shakes the same when she's
scared or when she's cold.  For those who are starting to think that she's
scared of us, we _NEVER_ hit her.  For punishment, the most we do is scruff
her, hiss at her, say "NO!" and tap her nose lightly (we're careful with
the nose tapping since I've heard of cases where the ferrets' nose bled).
My girlfriend SPOILS both T and S to death, so there is NO WAY that she's
scared of us.........we always keep our place warm, especially their cage -
it's just stuffed with warm blankets and towels fleece stuff. .........she
gets along very well with S.  It just seems that she starts shaking when we
pick her up.  So..........we're completely clueless.  Once put on the
ground, she doesn't seem to shake.  She also shakes in fear when we give
her a bath (what horror!).

Has anyone else had experiences with shaking shivering ferrets?  We're very
very very scared for her.  Please write us back as soon as you THINK or
KNOW what the problem could be.

Thanks in advance.

JT