From:
JT Speikn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 01:30:27 -0800
Hello FMLers,

First of all, due to a mistake with my e-mail server, I have sent the same
post TWICE (osh-kosh-biggosh!) and I am VERY SORRY for the annoyance.  That
was truly a mistake and unintended.  [Nope, just came through once. BIG]

Second of all, THANK YOU to everyone who replied about Massachusetts Vets
and about our shaking ferret, Trina.  (By the way, my girlfriend, Rena gave
me the permission to publicize our ferts' names :)  I tried to send a thank
you e-mail along with some info to each and everyone of you .......and I
think I did.  Sorry if I missed someone.

So what did I find out?  As for Trina, the MAJORITY of the people who
replied to me suggested that she shook and shivered to raise her body
temperature up, and that their ferrets did the same.  We were very relieved
to hear that.  (Even a guy who didn't own a ferret suggested this to us!!
What a bright guy!)

At the same time, we had a disturbing e-mail from one person, saying that
their ferret did the same "shaking" and found out that it wasn't cold like
everyone suggested....but it had insulinoma - low blood sugar - and thank
goodness the ferret recovered from it - yeah ferret!  yeah owner!.  I'd
love to look into it and I will, but I don't know how much info I could get
in a short time.  If anyone knows much about insulinoma, or if it is
plausible to even think of our shaking ferret to have insulinoma, please
contact us.

Thanks so much in advance :)  Rena and I (and Trina and Silver) appreciate
everybody's e-mails, support, information, and care.

---I purposely said "yeah 'owner'" "yeah 'ferret'" and "bright guy" and
not with their names because I didn't know if I was allowed to disclose
them--- :)  Rena taught me to protect others' privacy!!  We can always
learn from women :)