From:
"Mary L. McCarty" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 1999 17:10:32 -0500
I have a request for all the ferret lovers out there...and it won't cost
you more than a minute or so of your time!

The Clearfield County SPCA (one of our local spca's in PA) has been a
wonderful contact for my branch (Centre County) of the Pennsylvania Ferret
Rescue Association.  They work with me to make sure the ferrets in the
community are taken care of in anyway necessary.  They are not an ASPCA, so
they rely solely on community donations & fundraisers, of which the
calender contest is the biggest one of the year.

Anyone in the community can have their pets picture taken and then they are
voted on.  The top 12 animals with the most votes get to have their picture
in the calender.  They also have 12 honorable mentions of which those 12
pictures share the front inner cover.

They have never had a ferret in the contest and it is my goal to get
ferrets in there for the year 2000 calender!  This is where you come
in....you can also vote on-line (only once per email address) and local
sponsors will match $0.25 for each vote, donated to the SPCA.

I am asking you to please visit the Clearfield County SPCA website
<http://www.clearnet.net/users/spca/clrfd.htm> and vote for my two boys,
Ziggy Stardust and You Can Call Me Al (they are on page 9).

Thanks so much!

Mary and the gang of 20....

Mary McCarty-Houser
Pennsylvania Ferret Rescue Association