From:
Karen O'Keefe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 May 1999 11:35:57 +0100
My ferret Ben is on Prednisolone because he has Insulinoma and Lymphoma and
his tummy is full of fluid and very big, I am not sure but I think Pred
Belly is fluid retention they can get from being on Prednisolone.  My vet
also does not know if the Prednisolone or the Lymphoma is causing the fluid
retention now.  My vet put Ben on a small dose of diuretics to try and make
Ben feel more comfortable but she did say she was worried it might cause
his blood sugar to drop even further because they would, how can I put it
"flush him out" I monitored Ben closely whilst he was on the diuretics and
he did not seem to do very well on them and they did not seem to make his
tummy go down either so he is not on diuretics anymore.  Does anyone know
more about Pred Belly??  Can Lymphoma cause fluid retention???  and is
there anything that can be done to make Ben's tummy go down??

From a worried ferret mum Karen and her fur kids Ben,Glyndwr,James,Cian and
Kealan.

*Love and missing my darling Billy so much*

Karen's UK Ferrets:  http://www.okeefe2.freeserve.co.uk/