From:
Pamela Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 1995 10:06:33 -0500
Tamsin Liddle asked:
>         Our ferrets all drag/wipe their bums on the carprt/tiles around
> their litter boxes after they have used them. Do other ferrets do this?

Oh, my, yes.  It's very common.  We keep a sheet of newspaper spread
out in front of the box, and fortunately our pair seem to prefer that
"toilet paper" to the wood floor.

Debbie Riccio suggested:
> Ferrets like going in corners.  [...]  Put a box there, or a table;
> anything to change the shape so it is no longer "corner-appealing."

A crumpled towel or blanket often works very well, making the spot
look like a better bed than bathroom.  As a last resort, a food dish
might help.

--
- Pam Greene         ==> Ferret Central has moved! <==
Tell your friends, tell your neighbors, and change your links to