Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 1995 09:32:00 CST
Now how do you ferret proof a refrigerator?!
Tuesday afternoon I stayed home from work and about 3:15 I dozed off.
At 3:30 I woke up to the sounds of "kerplunk, bop, plop, kerplunk, crash,
kerplunk, kerplunk".  I'm a light sleeper so as soon as I heard the first
kerplunk I woke up trying to figure out what they had gotten in to.  After
a few more "kerplunks" I jumped up and ran into the kitchen.  Here's what
I saw - fridge door wide open, broken eggs all over the floor, cups and
bowls on the floor, rice and taters on the floor, 3 ferrets IN the fridge
watching as they drop more "goodies" off the shelves, 1 ferret still
trying to climb in the fridge, 3 more nosing through the treasures on the
floor, 1 ferret lapping up broken eggs!

My first response was "oh no, they could have gotten shut in there!"  Then
after calming down I began to laugh at them.  It took a few minutes to
regain my composure enough to clean the mess up and remove the ferrets
from the fridge.  I must have not shut it all the way (first time in
10 years) when I got my water, but the seal doesn't seem real tight because
I've opened and closed it 100 times since trying to figure out HOW they
opened it.   I've propped a container of litter in front till I pick
up a cement block this evening.   Word of warning - check those refrigerators!

Hugs.  tle