From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 30 Mar 1994 03:38:00 -0500
I recently found Kaytee ferret food in a pet store, and looked it over.  The
ingredients seemed good, but it was had graphs on the back showing the amounts
of things it contained, like protein, fat, and Vitamin A.  It seemed to me to
have an unusually high Vitamin A level, and know that A is toxic in high doses,
this made me a little leery of trying it.  My fuzzball would be furious if I
made him give up his licks of Linatone, but how much vitamin A is too much?  I
also don't know about Taurine- is this necessary?  Can someone knowledgeable
PLEASE post a list of what ferrets require in their diets, what is too much of
something, and whether this changes (and by how much) as they get older?!  I
would appreiciate it very much!  (as it seems now, I have been looking for high
protein, high fat and low A levels....but how high and how low?)
Very confused!!!!  Thabks in advance for the help!   :>