From:
DOOK-WOOF-DOOK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Nov 2005 08:42:37 -0500
Oh man Gordon, naughty boy.  First of all, I purchase 8 in 1 products
and have 60+ ferrets at any given time in my home.  People can purchase
what foods THEY feel are right, not what you deem is a correct food.  My
ferrets are well taken care of, loved like so many other 8 in 1 users
and we DO deserve to own ferrets!

Your Science Lesson for today: The moist treats container higher amounts
of water.  Hence the reason why they are soft.  More moisture leads to
quicker mold growth then what you will find in dry food.  If you purchase
moist treats, check the expirations dates, and get the one which has the
longest expiration date.

Now your business lesson for today: 8 in 1 only has so much effect on a
product.  That is when the product is in their facility and BEFORE it is
shipped out.  I am sure they have shorter expiration dates on the moist
treats verses the dry treats.  That is a given.  Once the treats leave
the 8 in 1 facility they are sold to different companies in and pet
stores in large bulk deals and they have their own storage areas.  This
is where the issues happen.  We and 8 in 1, rely on Petco, Petsmart and
whoever else we purchase our products from to be sure to rotate stock and
get the product on the shelf in a timely manner.  This does not always
happen.  So if you get a bad batch of treats, you should complain first
to the store you purchased it at.  Also as consumers, when we pick up
pet products we are less likely to look at the expiration date.  Heck, I
don't usually have time to look at the date on the food I purchase for
my home.  I assume that the food store/petstore is doing their job.  But
sometimes, they are not.  I got moldy bread before, moldy cheese, it
happens more often then you think.  Should be all ban Dairy products?

8 in 1 is working on the problem, working to give the moist treats a
longer shelf life.  They made these treats with our ferrets in mind.
They are changing their ingredients to include more meat based treats,
which I think is a HUGE step in the right direction.  Let them continue
to do their good work.  Yes, something should be said to them, and I am
sure they will correct the problem.  They are a good company over all,
they donate alot of stuff to the ferret community.  If you don't go to
shows or larger events you may not see this.  By creating better treats,
it shows that our voices are being heard.  Change takes time!

Think a bit Gordon before posting such a nasty note.  There are alot of
good ferret mothers and fathers out there that feed or use 8 in 1
products.

M from Pa.

Life is not how many breaths you take, but
how many times it takes your breath away...
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue PetFinder Web Page
http://www.tinyprintsontheheart.petfinder.org
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue Store-NEW EGG TOYS
http://www.tinyprintsontheheart.com/onlinestore.htm
Aloha Ferrets Ebay Store
http://stores.ebay.com/Aloha-Ferrets-Store