From:
DOOK-WOOF-DOOK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Nov 2005 07:33:32 -0500
They still could all be from the same batch yet.  Reasons being:

*Stores only getting the bad batch on the shelves
*Smaller stores which don't have a fast moving inventory turnover
*People purchasing the packages and not opening them right away.

8 in 1 I do believe did a recall on a lot number or a bunch of lot
numbers that went out.  They were all moldy.  Until they track down all
those packages made in that batch, which could be alot, it may take
awhile and you will be hearing reports from time to time as people find
them.  Not all stores are careful about pulling treats which have been
recalled.  Worked in petstores......I know.  That is how I know they
should also NOT carry animals and they DO NOT rotate stock.

We use 8 in 1 Ferrettone here and Ferretvite, never an issue.  I also use
the vitamins from them and some of their other products.  I don't buy
what I don't feel is good for my ferrets, and alot of consumers are now
learning to educate themselves.  The key is education.  When a consumer
is educated, they don't buy the product.  Without the demand of that
product, it won't sell, when it does not sell, the company WILL take it
off the market.  So we, as the ferret community MUST preach, preach
preach until we are blue in the face.  That is the way to get the bad
products off the market and make these companies do research and keep up
with the updated information about what is good and bad for the animals
we own.

Happy Thanksgiving Gordan, very nice post explaining yourself yesterday.
I am sure it is greatly appreciated by Many.  It is frustrating, take
that frustration and use it toward education.  Shelter owners are so
busy with sheltering so we don't always get to spend alot of time at the
petstores to educate.  I do alot of education daily with phone calls,
information when people place applications, and any other time I can get
someone to listen.  Go to the petstores, hang out in the Ferret area,
and talk to people when they are choosing a bad product.  One person
converted everyday, will help greatly!

And Happy Thanksgiving to Everyone Else!  Don't eat alot of Turkey,
there are Ferrets who would love some!

Marguerite From TinyPrints Ferret Rescue
Ever Thankful for the HUGE support network in the Ferret Community!
More Cards and More Smiles from Me-Thanks everyone!

Life is not how many breaths you take, but
how many times it takes your breath away...
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue PetFinder Web Page
http://www.tinyprintsontheheart.petfinder.org
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue Store
http://www.tinyprintsontheheart.com/onlinestore.htm
Aloha Ferrets Ebay Store