From:
Millie Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Aug 1998 13:37:57 -0500
Hold on folks, i don't think the memo on why NOT to give up your ferrets
really was meant as a down to all those who have found the necessity of
doing so.  Yes, thank goodness, we have FML to help us when we, or if we
get to that stage,a sad thing to give them up, as these little guys (and
gals) get to us I think more than any other pet.  I believe the memo was
meant to just take another look before you go to the drastic step of giving
up your "friends" for they give back so much to us and being a source of
therapy is one of them.  I can be tired, worn out, don't think I have the
patience to do one more thing, or even be on the pitty-me syndrome and
these little clowns can take me into their little world and my cares go
away, I am laughing and I feel refreshed and I just had some fun playing
with them.  To those who have gotten into a routine where a job is taking
too much out of them, you might want to think about "what your ferrets can
do for you" for usually the job that takes that much out of you won't last
forever, you cannot keep up the pace.  If after all your consideration you
still feel it is unfair or too much for you, then all the power in the
world to you for caring to find a good home, and as one reader wrote, NOT
getting in such a hurry you dump them at the pound or turn them lose or the
other bad things that happen.

Thank goodness my little darlings don't charge me by the hour for what they
give to me.

Millie & her cleaning crew
Easy Off:  the most perfect ferret in the whole wide world
Ammonia: here Easy Off pull this black string, NO, don't ask Grandma,
she's busy up there with that boat shaped thing pushing it on the board,
just pull                  WAIT TIL I GET ACROSS THE ROOM
Cascade: the observer, Get it, after she kisses you Ammonia, run over
here, we'll switch collars, you wear black, I'll wear green, she'll
think she already has kissed me.
Ajax:  yet to come.  Mama, those girls have a problem.