From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 1997 12:46:41 -0800
Hi everyone,

I wanted to add my observations regarding eye reflection in ferrets -- I
have two "twin" sables, Jasmine and Casey who are six months apart in age,
but very similiar in their markings, with distinct masks and light
beige/white undercoats w/ dark points & dark eyes.  Casey's eyes reflect a
green/blue color and Jasmine's eyes reflect red.  I also have a baby (well,
now 12 weeks old!) silver mitt, Samantha whose eyes I *think* reflect green,
but I need to check again to make sure.  I'm curious - does anyone know if
ferrets can see in color or in B&W?  mo'Bob, Pam or Killians do you know?
Mine seem to react differently to brightly colored toys (especially reds or
fluorescents - they go nuts for these colors) so I'm interested in finding
out whether they're actually seeing the colors or not.... thanks & hugs to
all of your fuzzies!

Jennifer (mom)
Jasmine, Casey and Samantha (fuzzcrew in charge!)