From:
Sherry Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 18:11:57 EDT
Use a kitten flea shampoo to kill the fleas, then carefully use a lice comb
to remove any not quite dead fleas and the carcasses.  Most ferrets will
not care for the comb, but it is quite effective.  There are several flea
killing carpet powders that, when used properly and vacuumed up well are
fairly safe to use.  I would suggest that you not let your ferret in the
area treated for at least 48 hours as a precaution.  Also, try using a
product on the dogs (such as Advantage) to help control the number of
fleas that your Fuzzie comes in contact with.  We even went so far as to
spray our yard with a product that kills fleas and ticks, in order to keep
Jynx away from fleas as she's allergic to the bites.  So far we've not had
any problems this year, but 'tis the season, so we're watching every day.
Good luck.

Sherry L. Evans