From:
Sherry Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 May 2001 22:27:20 EDT
I think I know exactly what you mean.  As the mother of 4 kids (the skin
kind) and one Fuzzie, I to have noticed strange reactions from friends and
family.  My children (again skin type) Keith, Michael, Joey, & Reianna are
all basically healthy normal children who are more than capable of telling
Mommy when their tummy feels funny, something hurts, or the ever so popular
"Mommy, he/she _________ me!"  (Please fill in the blank with hit, touched,
stepped on, yelled at... as a Mom I'm sure you understand.) My little Jynx,
on the other hand, can only speak to me with her body.  If that means
wondering about seedy pooh to figure out if she's not well, then so be it!
As a ferret mommy, you must pay close attention to details.  This doesn't
mean that you pay less attention to your human children, just that they
keep you well informed.  And if your household is anything like mine, one
of your children will soon come to you and say "Mom, ________ (fill in
Fuzzie name) is sleeping too much.  He/she never sleeps this much.  By
the way, he/she didn't eat as much as usual and the pooh in the corner
is seedy.  Does he/she have a tummy ache like I do?"

Sherry, Keith, Michael, Joey, Reianna & Little Miss Jynx