From:
D CHRISTEN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 04:35:29 -0500
This is just a suggestion, but i am going to throw it out to anyone
interested and I have contacted friends (only) on the internet, suggesting
a way we could raise funds for the UTAH FERRET RESCUE MISSION.  I am going
to approach the local petstore which happens to be PETCO, and explain what
i am raising the funds for, including the # of ferrets, and how many
states this is going to cross (washington to Florida) the funds would go
to SOS (EXPL WHO THEY ARE) who the point of contact is, that they can
verify receipt of funds/that they have been disbursed for those
reasons.(how they can be reached) At least we wouldn't have to dig so far
into our penniless pockets to help out, and neither would all of the
people who are going to be involved in the rescue.  HOW ABOUT IT?  It is
just an idea, but it sounded like a good one to me..pass it on please and
help out the people physically involved in this rescue.  it just takes a
little time and effort..

My deepest, and sincerest regards to those who have family in the New York
area, there is a woman on Long Island who is a member of the fml family
that may have lost coworker/friend in this tragedy.  MANY HUGS DIANE!!!
Let me know either way what you find out.

Many thanks to Troy Lynn, for feeling that what information that i had
given her was worthy of looking into, when i began to doubt myself, she
never did doubt that the ferrets needed HELP in Utah.  I threw the info
out to the community because i trusted you, that you would know more than
i where to root out the truth in the matter and get the help for the most
important subject, THE FERRETS).  I was feeling pretty bad for a few days,
doubting myself, but now...look what is coming on...these wonderful little
creations of fur are going to have loving homes and lots of attention!!!
THAT WAS WHAT WAS IMPORTANT!

THE FERRETS!  Be grateful that your fuzzies have all the comforts of a
warm, loving home, and say a prayer for the ones waiting patiently in
shelters all around us, for someone to come and find them loveable too,
every one of them.  We are responsible for the animals, we decided to
domesticate them, so now we have made it our responsibilty to care for
them.

sincerely
donna christen and all her wonderful furry family