Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 1995 09:57:00 CST
Trees - We decorate our tree with package bows tied on with yarn and we
string cereal as garland.  This way if the ferrets steal away with an
ornament it is harmless to them.  Funny, I bought the tree specifically
for the ferrets, not for me or the season.

Dominance - Bob, having many new fuzzies come and go throughout the years,
this is my observation - Sniff sniff, hmmm, you're new, o.k., you may
stay for the day.  New ferrets seem to do o.k. for the first day and the
next day but any longer they tend to get picked on until their place is
established in the group.  Last night Serita brought her 3 over to play
and everyone did fine, except that Skittles went to bed and 5 other ferrets
climbed in with her.  The other two explored the house and hidey-holes
with multiple ferrets following.  No arguments or squabbles.  Remember
when you brought your group?  They all did fine, for the time they were
there, but had they stayed over several days they may have had to establish
order.  Fara was very quick to let the group know she would not tolerate
any type of ferret-ferret interaction and surprisingly enough they all left
her alone.  Spiccup had no problems (hairless) what-so-ever, unless you call
the others enveloping her to keep her warm or give her their fur a problem.
I remember pulling her out from the bottom of a pile of ferrets many times.
just my observations.

Hugs to all and happy holidays!  Oh, a reminder of our christmas wish that
all ferrets in shelters and pet stores get homes on christmas eve!  tle