Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 1995 09:24:00 CST
Crying Babies - What does the word baby mean to you?  Think about it.  New,
frightened, wanting to be loved.  How can anyone turn away from a crying
baby whether it be human or some other type of animal.  What does crying
mean?  Fear, loneliness, unhappy, hurt.  So when a baby cries what do you
do?  You pick them up, cuddle and love them.  You don't put them away where
they can't be heard or cover them with a blanket.  Ferrets are very social
beings.  You have just taken them away from their siblings and playmates
after they have been removed from their mother.

When we got our first ferret the first night he cried and each time I ran
out to see what was the matter.  I spent hours with him on the couch
cuddling and playing, I got little sleep that night.  The second night a box
was made for him to sleep in bed with me.  When he'd cry I could stick my
hand in and he'd gently nibble my fingers and go back to sleep.  The 3rd
night there was not box.  There was a puddle at the bottom of the bed though
but oh well, the covers can be washed.  :-) We then got another ferret and
things settled down.  Our second ferret was much older and the baby was
happy to spend nights with her instead of me.

Please don't ignore the cries of the baby.  He needs you to love and care
for him.  He needs to know he is loved, as we all do.  I would not like to
be stuck in a room by myself in a strange new place either.

Abuse - I too am a product of abuse.  I can not tolerate abuse to any being
and have been known to let others know it.  Pretty shocking to see from me.
:-) Debi please get the ferrets and yourself out of that situation.  I
emailed you privately but did not hear back so if you need help please let
me know.  My number is (913) 532-0400 days and (913) 456-8337 evenings.
Call collect if you need to.  Don't turn your back on those helpless
ferrets.  They need our help.

Hugs.  tle