From:
Dick Bossart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Oct 1996 11:37:30 -0400
[Sorry.  This undoubtedly has very limited interest outside of southern NH,
but I know we have lots of FML readers from there, and maybe this will reach
the right person.]

We received a phone call this morning from a man living in northern
Merrimack/southern Bedford, NH area.  When his wife opened the front door
this morning, a ferret walked in and made itself at home.  Scared her to
death, but fortunately he know what it was.  He gave it food and water, then
called the local police who gave him our number.

The ferret appears to be healthy and well groomed, so is probably an
escapee.  We usually find that people who will turn a ferret loose to starve
to death, first begin by neglecting the nails and ears long befor they put
them outside.

So if you know of anyone missing a ferret in the Merrimack/Bedford, NH area,
have them call us at 424-2941.

Dick B.