From:
Dick Bossart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Sep 1996 11:47:31 -0400
Ferret Awareness Day in NH seemed to be a success.  At least I had a great
time <G>.  In spite of the rainy start we had a very good turn-out.  The
club rented a very large park building with two huge rooms, one smaller
room, and a long, wide covered and windowed porch.

All of the major local newspapers sent reporters and photographers.  The
state's largest TV station sent a reporter and camera crew.  All of the
stories were very positive.  Lots of pictures of children with their pet
ferrets.  The TV Achorwoman even remarked that she thought that ferrets made
great pets.  So, all in all I think we met one of our goals - making people
aware that ferrets are domesticated animals, not vicious wild beasts.

MAss. Friends of Ferrets was well represented at the event.  Sharon Burbine
got a one-on-one interview on TV with her beautiful angora ferret, Wolfgang
(who won the Top Ferret trophy, and several other First Places).
Congratulations Sharon.

I know that more than a few of the FML'ers were there, and I'd like to thank
all of you for making our "Day" an really success.  I hope everyone had as
much fun as I did.

Dick B.