Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 19:50:53 -0800
Hello Everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted, things have not been too great for
me lately.  On Saturday the 14th of March my sweet Katie departed for the
Rainbow Bridge.  Those of you who were at the FML 10th gathering might
remember seeing her picture, she was sitting in a little rocking chair in
one and dressed as the Statue of Liberty in another.  She was also the
subject of the "Agent Wonder Weasel" post in the sock exchange at the
reception.  Everyone who ever met Katie described her as "Such a Lady", she
was always sweet and gentle, and wouldn't have ever considered biting anyone
for any reason.  When I first met her at 8 weeks old in the pet store she
reached out and kissed me on the nose.  That was it..... I knew she was the
one!  I don't think anyone could find a better first ferret, she taught me
what ferrets were, but very gently.  After her initial training Katie was
absolutely 100% in hitting the litterbox, even, at times, with Worf tugging
at her trying to make her miss!  She learned in only three days how to "roll
over", and would "fetch" her toys back to her carrier at the fun matches.
(She won 1st place for best trick at two different matches!)  Katie's passing
was due to a large mass in her abdomen, ( most likely Lymphoma according to
my Vet.) she was only 4.5 years old.  She became so weak and thin in such a
short time that I felt surgery was futile, she probably wouldn't have
survived it.  ( My Vet agreed) Katie went very peacefully, in my arms and
knowing she was loved.  I will always remember her.

Amy Evers
and: Worf (aka: The Velociweasel!)
Missing our sweet Katie.
"Here's Dookin' at You Kit!"