From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2006 14:47:56 -0400
Yes, I remember you well, Sara!  Morney (previously Pandora) is doing
wonderfully.  She turned out to be two of ours who get cystine urinary
stones so like Hilbert she can't be on anything above 35% total protein
but so far that has worked for 2 years to prevent further stones.  She is
still just as tiny and active and is the one who clears the ferret room
barrier every day.  Oh, and I am not in braces and cane any longer.

http://ferrethealth.org/archive/browse.php?msg=SG16793

http://ferrethealth.org/archive/browse.php?msg=SG14337

http://ferrethealth.org/archive/browse.php?msg=SG13107

http://ferrethealth.org/archive/browse.php?msg=SG9831

http://ferrethealth.org/archive/browse.php?msg=SG9762

BTW, many tablets do NOT have the heartworm med evenly spread throughout.

http://www.miamiferret.org/fhc/heartworm.htm

http://ferrethealth.org/archive/browse.php?msg=SG9762

http://www.dvmnews.com/dvm/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=310015

http://www.heartwormsociety.org/heart.htm

http://cal.vet.upenn.edu/merial/hrtworm/hw_3.htm
(including map, beyond U.S.)

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/pic/article.cfm?
dept_id=0&siteid=12&acatid=183&aid=600
(including map, U.S.)

There is more info out there for further nuances and questions, too!

-- Sukie (not a vet, and not speaking for any of the below in my
private posts)
Recommended health resources to help ferrets and the people who love
them:
Ferret Health List
FHL Archives
http://ferrethealth.org/archive/
AFIP Ferret Pathology
http://www.afip.org/ferrets/index.html
Miamiferrets
http://www.miamiferret.org/fhc/
International Ferret Congress Critical References
http://www.ferretcongress.org