From:
William Alan Killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 1995 10:59:45 -0500
Mohammad Ashor:
When choosing a ferret its best to ignore color and usually gender.  Pick
the healthiest ferret you can find.  Bright eyes and good coat.  Strong
muscles and bones.  Pick a ferret by personality not pattern.

Greg Mohs:
What kind of legal case are you interested in?  Possibly interesting cases
are the jailing of J. Au in Virginia for refusing to turn over a ferret in
a bite case, quarantine in South Carolina (btw folks this is now a state
with a mandated quarrantine period as of November - Good job Katie and
Maggie Sweeney!), the recent case in Maryland, the jailing of the guy
crossing into California.  I'm sure I and several others here can help you
get information but the topic now is too broad for us to start for you.

Anna Spear:
Wood is not wood.  Aspen is fine for use in pets.  No aromatic oils like the
evergreens.  In your situation I would take proper care of the ferrets as
best you know - what you've said leads me to believe you are sharp on
ferrets.  Try for eduction for this owner.  Give him the ferret FAQs and
maybe even a book such as the one from Dr.  Bell at Marshall farms.  I try
to give people the benefit of the doubt.  It gets me in trouble sometimes
but most of the time it works out.

Marshall tattoos:
Marshall farms does not do a one dot alter only tattoo.  I've seen cases
where the dots were so close to gether they look like one and there are the
Canadian breeders with tattoos.  Other breeders do tattoos as well sometimes
to pass their ferrets off as Marshall and sometimes for the same reasons
that Marshall does tattoos.

Ferret nipples:
All mammals have nipples so all ferrets have nipples.  Non-sexually mature
mammals have much less noticible nipples than mothers.  I can often tell
jills that have had litters based on the size of their nipples.

Last two topics sound like they belong on a completely different kind of
list...

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah and Happy New Year.  All the season's best
from those two and four legged folks at Zen!

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets