From:
Edward Lipinski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 18:27:48 -0800
Ah yes, Frettchenvergnuegen.  Maybe you remember the VW commercial:
Fahrvergnuegen?  The driver's satisfaction, as I interpret it.  Well by
taking off the Fahr(en) and substituting the word for ferret, which is
Frettchen, we've got the German for Ferret satisfaction.

Frettchenvergnuegen is double ended - in this sense:
1.) That which is joyous for the ferret, and 2.) That which is satisfying
for the ferreter.  In 1.) above joy and satisfaction may be taken as a
well-nourished and healthy ferret.  In 2.) satisfaction is the relief from
dread and concern over the health of the ferret and the expenses associated
with veterinarian care as a partial consequence of lousy commercial ferret
food.

In todays FML of 2/3/1 - 2/4/1 there is some relevant concern and
suggestions as to what makes good food for a Frett (diminutive form for
Frettchen) and the "guesstamations" as to what causes the various forms
of cancer and the awsomely shortened longevity of the ferret, particularly
the "pet store" version, whether American of European.

It is about time we try to learn more about the M.p. furo by looking at
its cousin, Mustela nigripes, the North American lack-footed ferret, and
what this gorgeous and splendid ferret eats and its life style as a
wilderness relative of your little fuzzy.

Your assignment: Find out and post to the FML what M. nigripes eats as a
total diet in the wild.  DO IT!

Ferret Endowment for Research, Rehabilitation,
Education & Training Society, NorthWest, a 501(C)(3)charitable foundation
under the direction of Edward Lipinski.