From:
Danielle Frye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 11:28:47 -0800
I am so sorry that Eppy is missing and I truly hope he turns up!  It
sounds hopeful since you state there have been sightings.  I would also
like to suggest the following to you, in addition to the great work and
dedication you have been doing in finding him:

1) Put his cage (or a cage) with water, food and sleep sack, hammie or
   whatever he sleeps in, outside your door.  Occasionally, ferrets will
   come back and some have been found in their cages.  Don't wash the
   bedding, the scent is what could lure him back to home-base.

2) If you have not already, contact local shelters, the humane society
   and vets.  Leave your contact info and call every day to see if anyone
   has found Eppy.  See if your vet will allow you to hang a flyer.

3) Does Eppy have a favorite toy that makes noise?  This can be helpful
   in the search if you have not already tried it.

I know you are worried and upset.  Most likely, with all the searching,
Eppy will be found.  Don't give up hope.  Please continue to eat, Eppy
needs you to be strong.

If you have any other questions, you can email me privately.  Although
I cannot help you physically look for Eppy (I live in WA state), I can
certainly provide you with ideas and emotional support.

Keep your chin up!

Good luck and take care.