From:
Danielle Frye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 10:16:19 -0700
I promised myself not to post as often and just lurk, but recently I have
watched some things transpire of note on the FML and I just cannot keep
quiet, LOL!

There appears to be much debate surrounding litter and what is best.  I
have been using Crown Animal Bedding for over ten years and I have found
it to be the best option.  It does not fall apart like Yesterday's News
and I only pay $10 for a 50 lb.  sack.  It has been very economical and my
ferrets are ok with it.  I caution anyone using alfalfa for litter, or hay
for bedding.  I know of some ferrets who have been allergic to both and it
took a very long time for the vet/owner to figure it out, while the ferret
suffered needlessly.  I am not suggesting that it will cause problems,
just a heads up.

As far as flaming people for their political views, shame on you!  This is
a free country and that is what we are now fighting for - the freedoms we
have all come to know and love.  If you disagree with something someone
states, why flame them and call them names or "unpatriotic"?  I know
exactly what this is like since I voiced my opinion about protecting
places of worship and tax dollars only to be flamed and hurt by a certain
individual on this board that does not even know me.  I agree that email
is NOT the best form of communication but if you don't like what someone
believes, you can send a CIVIL email privately to them without resorting
to labeling or name-calling.  Occasionally, you will find your viewpoint
well-received and you might even find the person changing their mind
about what they believe.  My sincerest apologies go out to Stan for what
mean-spirited people sent him.  I may or may not agree with Stan on his
views, but bashing him accomplishes NOTHING.  No, there are no excuses
for it such as "maybe this person was having a bad day" etc...That is just
not ok.  I also need to state that none of this has anything to do with
ferrets and therefore should have been left off the FML just as my
attempted post about my neighbor killing squirrels was considered
"off-topic" (I still managed to get an abbreviated version through).  The
rule for "off-topic" posts needs to be in effect for ALL off-topic posts,
not just some.  I also don't feel that posts about being a "deadhead"
belong, since that also has nothing to do with ferrets.  No offense to
anyone who is into music, but this board is for and about ferrets.  There
are tons of newsgroups and mailing lists for music topics.  I hope this
post makes it onto the forum, since most of it is ferret-related.

A BIG ROUND OF APPLAUSE NEEDS TO GO OUT TO NANCY MARTIN!  She is doing a
superb job of fighting (well, not "fighting") her local township to keep
ferrets legal.  Hooray for your efforts!  I know this is not an easy task
and can be very time-consuming.  GOOD JOB!

Other than that, I will go back into "lurking" mode.  Please consider what
I have stated above.  You may not realize how much words can hurt and it
is certainly easy for some to hide behind their machines (both legally
and illegally).  Step back and think about how poor email communication
is, and realize that you don't know the person you are flaming except
for email.  Hating someone for their views is very narrow-minded and
unaccepting of the freedoms of speech we all fight for.  Agree to disagree
and be civil.  Think about it...