From:
Jim & Laura Ferris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 07:18:23 -0400
I have two ferrets, both 5 years old, and ever since I've had them one
will bite-and hang onto- the neck of the other.  They've done this for
over 4 years; we find them just hanging out with the same one always doing
the bite and clamp thing.  No one is hurt and there are no marks, they
just seem to like to do this.  We're getting close to the time ferrets get
their winter coats, and I'm finding that the fur of the one who is bitten
is getting a bit thinner around his neck.  Has anyone else had this
experience with their ferrets?  I'm wondering if the fur will grow back
in with the coat change.  I'm also wondering about separating them, but
they are the best buddies.

Thanks!
Laura