Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2011 17:53:49 -0500
Big bad woofymoment here. I misread a key word in Kim's post the other
day. She had used the word "self evaluate" in regards to prospective
owners taking some time to learn more about ferrets and to examine
their situation before taking one in. I carelessly read it as
"evaluate" as in others evaluate them. So she did not contradict
herself whatsoever. I wrote Kim immediately yesterday morning to
apologize and wanted to apologize here as well.

That said, I stand by every word I had said about the subject
yesterday. You know, for me in, it doesn't matter if Kim's points are
100% dead on "accurate". Because in the end, it's irrelevant in that
those things don't work. Never have and never will. So sometimes you
have to sweep ideology under the rug, put what looks good on paper
aside, move on, and then work with what leads to practical results in
the real world. After those steps are taken, then if you are really
lucky, you can take things further and work on them from the other
perspective in addition to that.

Wolfy