From:
Kim Hillegas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2011 21:51:44 -0500
Wolfy, there wasn't any contradiction in my post. The 14 day cooling
off/home study/prerequisite course I'd like to see enacted IS the
responsibility of the prospective pet owner to self evaluate. Currently
any book I've browsed or read on ferrets DOES outline their needs and
peculiarities. A pet store rep or breeder could simply askm "what do
YOU know about ferrets?" How is your household set up? How long have
you been looking for a ferret? What do the rest of your family think
about getting a ferret? Then finish with there is a 14 day deposit/
hold on the ferret of your choice while you research these pets.

Serious people will make a deposit and offer proof of their
preparation. Perosns purchasing on a whim, will not wait.

That's what I'm sayin'
Cheers,
Kim