From:
Sue Pyron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2011 17:21:27 -0500
  Forever Near

If only love was just enough,
to keep you by my side.
then I would not be crying still,
to morn the day you died.

I wouldn't feel as if my heart was stolen from my chest,
I wouldn't feel you took my soul and left me with the rest.
I wouldn't feel that somehow there was more that I could do,
I wouldn't feel so empty, in my arms there'd not be you.

I know now that to keep you here would take more than my love,
I know that it was time to go, the Bridge waits high above.
I know now in my letting go, that gift was all you'd need.
I know now I can't stop you for it's call I must take heed.

The Greeter he's stands ready now he hears the call as well,
there shouldn't be this pain for in my heart you'll always dwell.
Come back to me in pleasant dreams, you know I will be here,
I'll hold you close, and in my dreams you'll be forever near.

s.pyron
1/26/11