From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 11:04:56 -0500
I have to apologise for being in a bad mood recently.  It's partly from
having a rash of numerous folks over several weeks who expected some things
they should not have expected -- which led to my rant in the FML yesterday
(which was valid in theme but downright lousy in tone).  Partly, it's
because several of our older relatives have had health problems recently:
cataract surgeries (which are easy); a macular hole which is still trying
to be resolved; thyroid probelms; some worries about a brain scan; ditto
about dizziness and lack of balance; ditto with two who need new knees
(and are the same two as some of the things already said); and an uncle who
just had prostate cancer surgery but who also has diabetes, cardiomyopathy,
diverticulosis, damage from some heart attacks.  We've got 6 other elderly
emotionally-close relatives also in their late 70s into their 90s) who are
either stable or are doing very well for their ages so I guess I should be
glad about that and focus on that when nervous about all the other, though
one of the people with bad problems is my dad and another is Steve's mom
who is also one of my best friends (no mother-in-law jokes here, though Sue
at first strongly objected to me as Steve's fiancee 20 years ago -- things
sure change).  It's just a very stressful time so PLEASE realise that there
are going to be times when I'll be tense and that may slop over more than
I'd like, okay?  Don't know how long this will go on, and I expect it's
going to happen on and off for a number of years now for obvious reasons.

BTW, no one asked me to write this (or even scolded me which is sweet and
kind, and makes me figure that folks know I'm not a horror normally); I
just figured that I'd better let you know why I sound like a ferret with a
whisker caught in drawer.  Hey, we're all human and sometimes folks just
have a lot coming down off-list, so maybe when someone else is cranky folks
will remember that we all go through these things now and then and cut them
a bit of slack, too.  Okay?

Steve and I hope to have some time off and galavant around the city one
of these weeks (kind of day-to-day on this) to reduce the steam-heads by
having fun.  Hey, THAT must be where the rumor of NY City folks being mean
comes from -- it's from all of us who come in to relax and recuperate!!!!!!
WE are the mean ones!!!!!!!  Now it starts to make sense.