Date:
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 08:08:47 -0700
Hi!  Thanks to all of you who replied to my question yesterday!  I
appreciate it!  :) Now for another question.... My husband is in the Army
so we live in Military housing.  I kinda had a gut feeling that ferrets
weren't welcome here, but didn't want to find out the bad news.  (before
moving here from FL we had Eddie for a year and a half)  While looking for
some info in our housing manual I came across the part I was dreading.....
it said: Animals specifically EXCLUDED are exotic animals such as: ferrets,
skunks, wolves, raccoons, monkeys, snakes, & alligators.  My first reaction
was a BIG laugh!  What fool wrote this and included ferrets in the same
category as ALLIGATORS!!  I refuse to get rid of my fuzz, no one has
noticed we have him except for most of the neighborhood kids(who LOVE
him!).  My question is: Animals here are required to have a micro chip in
their neck(I ****WILL NOT**** do this to my Eddie) Have any of you heard
about this before?  Do any of your animals have it?  What is involved in
putting it on them?  PLEASE do not flame me!  I am just curious about this
micro-thing!  I would never inflict any unnecessary pain on my Ed, I don't
even like it when he has to have his shots!  If you have any info please
write!

Thanks so much!
Heather & Eddie (my *wonderful* MF fuzzie!)