From:
Millie Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Aug 1998 14:43:36 -0500
I have read several complaints with regards to the little heatherns digging
in their potty box.  How do you stop it?  I don't have problems with either
the potty box or the food dish, and I think it is because I have a catlitter
box with the top rim around it filled with sand.  Before I put this out, I
did have trouble but since then, they enjoy the sand so much they make a bee
line to it.  I did have just a regular box I ducttaped all the seams and
corners and they had a fine time with it til I got a newcomer who thought it
could double as a potty.  After the second occurrence, I got the old catbox
out where the rim keeps them from backing up in a corner and there hasn't
been another incident in 4 months.  Plus, I am going to add, I keep the
sand shallow, the rim also helps from throwing the sand over the edge,
kinda..... It is a basic need for ferrets to dig and the sand is much nicer
than cat litter or lumpy food.  Plus, it is so fun to watch.  If you wanta
see how a drunk ferret might act, make the sand a little moist - they are
out of their minds acting silly and immature.

Millie and her cleaning crew
Easy Off:  the most perfect ferret int he whole wide world
Ammonia:  Okay Easy Off, you sit here next to the torn hole in the
tunnel and I'll go hold the door so Grandma can't come in and see it
Cascade:  the Observer, Ms Patty at the shelter said I was going to a
"loving" home but can't this lady ever give it a rest.
Ajax: yet to come, Mama isn't this sweet, the girls email me Grandma is
taking some of their toys and saving them just for me.