Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 18:46:04 -0500
Hi All,

Well, we had the great chicken gravy escapade in my house this morning.
We are all sooooooo thrilled. ;-)

My first mistake was deciding to crock pot the chicken last night late.
Figured I could get it out this morning.  I forgot how incredibly bad
boiled chicken smells to me (personal thing here).  I woke up early, after
only about three hours sleep, due to a night sweat and decided to make this
gravy stuff until I felt better.

Barf, gag.

Chicken fell apart, I chopped up what I could in my food processor picked
out big chunks of bone.  Added all the good stuff etc etc.  Cats are
screaming at me the whole time cause they think it smells grand.

Well, they didn't think it tasted grand. sigh.

Out of my crew, only about 5 ferrets would eat it.  Of course, Miss Stella
(the reason I embarked on this adventure to begin with) wouldn't touch it.

Will try again and perhaps add some ensure next time.  They are used to
chicken baby food mixed with ensure so I think this might help them to eat
it.  But if that doesn't work, well, I don't think I want to try and get 30
ferrets used to eating the stuff.  lol.

I am disappointed since it looks like such good stuff and would be so much
easier for me, with the whole crew here.

Other than that I spent the day at school trying to get some things
straightened out.  I did see some old friends who are around my age that I
haven't seen in a bit and found that they had gained weight and gray hair
just like me.  At least I don't feel quite so foolish running around in my
tie dye shirts now.  Just look like an old hippie like the rest of them.
lol.

Miss Stella is doing pretty well all things considered.  Although she seems
to have become an even pickier eater than before, when she needs to eat
more.  This is troubling to me.  She is very hesitant to eat, even when I
know she needs too.  Has anyone else run into this problem with insulinomic
ferrets?

Mo' Maggie and her Picky Gourmands