Date:
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 23:41:53 -0500
Hi Everyone,

You know what?  I am so happy.  Why?  Cause of all the crap on the fml and
I ain't involved in any manner in any of it.  Must be my lucky week.  Folks
are leaving me alone.  And I ain't recently stuck my foot in my mouth.  I
don't think it gets much better than this. ;-)

Sugar Magnolia is doing so well.  She has nipped me harder than hell a
couple of times, but not drawn blood either time (hey Kurt, she got my
thumbnail but it don't look nearly as bad as what she did to your
fingernail!!!!!)

She has also decided that plastic bags are good for stealing.  I have one
other ferret that does this, Treska.  They both are FURRY ferts, wonder if
there is a secret flo training program in St. Louis?

I got to reach into the cage and pick her up last night, with her watching
me the whole time.  This is new and a very welcomed event.  She is also
getting used to me fussin' at her and is already not listening.  sigh.

Last night I got to wrestle with Miss Natasha like I do everyone else.  She
chewed on my knuckles and went boingy boingy boingy around on the bed as we
played peek-a-boo.  I no longer have to worry about her at all.

For those that don't know, Missy Girl (aka Natasha) came here at 6 months
of age.  I was her 4th home.  She was a horrid biter.  She would bite and
latch on, not letting go.  She bit me to the bone once on my finger.  She
was so scared and tense about folks.  It has been a long road but it was
worth it.

She now gives me kisses all the time, cleans my fingers instead of biting
them, asks to be picked up and loves to play.  She rides on my shoulder
and I even was able to let her stay out with Kurt and Sara here when Sugar
came.  She did very well with them and only got a little anxious.

Miss Stella is doing much better.  She had a grand mal seizure the other
morning.  I had only been asleep for about 3 hours when Miss MaryJane kept
walking over my head.  Now, this is not normal behavior for her, and she
really bugged me.  I finally got her to stop and turned out the light when
Miss Stella started barking from inside her sleep sack on the bed (the one
she shares with Miss MaryJane).  I pulled her out and she is totally limp,
still barking.  I take her into the kitchen and try to put a little honey
in her, but she bites me and starts screaming and twitching.  She finally
ends up clenching her jaw.  I was squirting nutrical and some cream in the
side of her cheek and trying to massage it into her mouth, waiting for the
vet to call me back.  By the time I got the vet, and met her at the clinic,
Stella was doing fine and her blood sugar was at 72.  And of course I was a
nervous wreck.  But then my vet was lame (she is having knee surgery soon).
And I am down in my back.  So here are two broads, one Yankee and one
Southern, crippled up taking this little itty bitty ferret's blood sugar.
Her tech's were laughing at us shuffling through the place.

She is now being spoiled rotten with duck soup (and being carried around by
Ma, getting fat from not having to walk much and sleeping and pooping and
drinking on *my* bed) and I am slow cooking a chicken to try this chicken
gravy stuff.  Of course, I don't have any fat trimmings to add since I
abhor fatty meat (always did, my Daddy used to cut off the fat from my
steaks and eat it himself, yuck pooey).  So I am going to use a little
cream for now with some lard.  I wasn't able to catch a butcher at the
store when I got the chicken.  Stella is also now on prednisone.

I am going to have to get some more medical tests myself as I now have
numbness in both my legs.  I have a compression fracture in my lumbar
vertebrae and have had diminished nerve function in my right leg since I
was a child.  They took radiographs the other day and they showed nothing.
Which is not a surprise to me.  Now if I can just figure out a way to pay
for tests...

I do hope everyone is doing ok and hugging their fuzzets a lot for their
Auntie Maggie.

Mo' Mags and her Magnificent Mob of Attack Mustelids

"It's the same story the crow told me; it's the only one he knows.
Like the morning sun you come and like the wind you go.
Ain't no time to hate, barely time to wait,
Wo, oh, what I want to know, where does the time go?"

"Uncle John's Band--Greatful Dead