From:
Gail Shochet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 11:47:14 -0400
Elie is going to the vet early Saturday morning, but I just wanted to ask a
question for all you ferret folks:

With a ferret who has gone bald from adrenal disease, when the fur grows
back in, do you see a blue tinge in the areas where a sable wouild have
darker fur, i.e. forelegs to shoulder?  It looks kindof like the classic
blue 'five-o-clock shadow'.

Just wondering.  Elie is doing great otherwise.  He is 7+ years old, has
had two surgeries to remove tumors on the adrenal glands and pancreas, and
he's been on Proscar (testosterone blocker) for 2 weeks and Prednisone (for
insulinoma) for 3 weeks.  He's eating like a pig, putting on weight (he was
a walking skeleton, just over 1 lb, before the medication), growing back
fur where there was no fur before, and even war-dancing from time to time!
We're very pleased with his progress.  He is a patient of the wonderful Dr.
Weiss of Potomac, MD, who I cannot praise enough for his devotion to ferret
health and well-being.

Regards,

Gail Shochet
and Elie Wiesel, Pixel, Kiaya, Pepe, and Scully (and of course husband
Michael)