From:
[log in to unmask] (Urban Fredriksson)
Date:
Fri, 30 Sep 94 12:42:30 MET
Barbara Carlson <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>I'm surprised that any pet store would keep anything in a cage without
>water. Maybe it's different where you are, but around where I live, the
>ferrets have a huge cage, lots of food and water, and toys to play with.
>???

I've no idea how huge "huge" is, but here a typical pet store
ferret cage is 90 x 50 x 30 cm, wood chips on the floor, no
litter box, no toys. The good thing you can say about the local
one is that it has a drinking bottle instead of a bowl, so at
least the water is clean as apart from the food. But the staff don't care
enough about it to see that there is water in the bottle at all times,
so if you go there the ferrets may beg water from you. At the
moment there are two males there (I think they sold a female), born week
20, so they've been there for three months, and it's not likely anyone
will ever want them, as there's a large sign over the cage saying:

   "Warning: We bite!"

(I have seen better places, with taller cages, litter boxes and
toys.)