From:
Cindy Sooy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Dec 1994 08:03:00 UTC
I recently ordered some Fromm-D vaccine from Omaha Vaccine and when
I went to vaccinate some ferrets today I noticed they had sent me
Galaxy-D instead. When I spoke to the customer service
representative he tried to tell me that Galaxy-D is Fromm-D that
they only changed the name. He also said that they took Fromm-D off
the market because of bad reactions to it. That is the first I've
heard of anyone having problems with it. When I told him I could not
use the vaccine because I show my ferrets and it is not accepted by
the AFA, he put me in contact with their vet who told me Galaxy-D is
NOT the same as Fromm-D and they probably should tell the operators
to tell the customer that they will be substituting the Galaxy-D for
Fromm-D. The packaging is exactly the same as the Fromm-D. The vet
also told me that Fromm-D is no longer available in the USA. I also
called two other vaccine companies and they too tried to tell me
that Galaxy-D is Fromm-D. When I told them that it isn't the same,
they said that that was what Solvay had told them. Looks like
there's a lot of bad information going around about this. Does
anyone know why Fromm-D is being pulled off the market? I was using
Fervac-D but switched back to Fromm-D because of all the bad
reactions to it. I personally know two people who had reactions to
the Fervac but none to the Fromm-D. I breed ferrets and run a
shelter so I go through a lot of vaccine and I'm not looking forward
to going back to the Fervac but I don't see that I have any choice.
Has anyone had problems with the Fromm-D?

Cindy